Common Ground, an·them, and Parkside is invited to engage our community for the first Adopt A Roadway Litter Removal event on Saturday, July 27 from 10:00 - 11:30 am. The adopted area is SW Erickson Avenue between SW Allen and SW Farmington. In addition, there will be a few church campus projects to help with. Arrive at Parkside by 9:45 am for a time of prayer and instructions. We have Volunteer Tshirts for participants to wear.
Bring the following:
- rakes, hoes or other yard tools to remove grass and weeds along sidewalks
- push brooms and dust pans
- work gloves
- bottled water and hats (it could be a hot day)
There will be a church picnic at Evelyn Schiffler Park Shelter A following the workday from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm. Even if you do not participate in the workday, come and have some fellowship with us. The picnic is a BRING YOUR OWN FOOD event. Each family should bring:
* meat for BBQ/or prepared main dish for their own family (and a little extra to share)
* Salad or side dish /dessert for the potluck
* Plates, cups and utensils
* bags of ice
For more information, contact Avery at email@example.com.